White Treat

{Giddy or Grouchy?}
Book your flights skiiers. Hang your head snow-haters. The white stuff is here!

An October snow is pretty typical in Utah.  You know...the snowing, melting, cold, snow, melt, etc...before winter officially comes. 

Eating the snow is also pretty typical--even if it has a "leafy" flavor...










{Check it out!}
Do you remember the 1st time you saw or played in the snow?


Did it bring a smile to your face?


And catch your attention like nothing you've ever seen before?

{So Fun}








{Off to School}
For our "Jedi Master", walking to the bus stop was super fun.  Especially after have a snowball fight with his mom {who rivals Buddy the Elf in her skills} and a poor little brother who didn't see it coming.  And really, who doesn't love a cup of nice warm hot chocolate before school?


Is there anything like a fresh snow snack for a 6 year old?


Nope. Cousin Trey, we wish you were here.

Whether you love it or hate it, I hope you're keeping warm and cozy where ever you are!
XOXO-Toad

PS I've been thinking...I know a place that would be great for family photos.  I know how hard and expensive it can be to get holiday pictures so I was thinking about offering to take some pictures for people in the area for a minimal fee.  Any thoughts?

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I would say "no," to the photo offer but, then again, I'm a photographer. It really is expensive to run a photography business - especially with equipment, insurance, education, etc. A lot of people don't realize that it takes a lot more work than just looking through a hole and pressing a button. One way to look at it is, that photo shoot fee might just be buying one photographer's kid's Christmas present.

But, definitely pursue your passion in photography! It's absolutely fabulous!

I love your blog, by the way. Now, if only I could sew like you! :)

Erica {B is for Boy} said...

Aww, this reminds me of my childhood in Michigan. Where I live now in southern IL this much snow would shut down the town!

Unknown said...

I totally get the photographer thing and wouldn't want to step on any toes! You really get what you pay for...if you want professional photos definitely go to a professional!
I also know that some friends and family would like to get simple family pictures, but paying professional fees is out of the picture. My ideas was that is was more of just doing a favor for a friend.;)

Unknown said...

ps thanks for the feedback! its great to think that someone actually reads my blog!:)

Siri said...

Born and raised in Utah and I still don't love the white stuff ... go figure ... but man, these photos make me smile!

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html