The BEST pumpkin bread recipe ever!!


I LOVE those pumpkin cookies you can get in the grocery store bakery. So as fall approached I asked all of my "friends" on facebook to send me their favorite pumpkin cookie or bread recipe. {Thanks for all the recipes guys!!} After trying several recipes I have a favorite! It is super easy and SUPER yummy.

The background: Last year there was a great gal in my neighborhood who brought me some pumpkin bread and it was SO yummy. {I downed the whole loaf before anyone else in the family could even have any!:)} I begged her for the recipe, but didn't get a chance to make it last year. Now I'm making up for lost time! So here's a shout out to Dixie!! Thanks for this great recipe!

But be warned...you may not be able to stop with one bite & don't blame me when you want more! I've found with this recipe you can make the bread in a loaf pan, as cupcakes {our fave}, or as cookies! All you have to do is adjust the cooking time.

Pumkpin Bread by Dixie

Preheat oven to 350F & grease and flour your pans. (This recipe makes alot of batter so you'll get at least 3 9X5 pans or 30+ cupcakes out of it!)

In a large bowl combine the following until smooth:
3 cups of sugar
1 C vegetable oil
1 can pumpkin puree {15 oz}
2/3 C water
4 eggs

Blend in:
3 1/2 C flour
1 T cinnamon
1 t nutmeg
{Or instead of the cinnamon and nutmeg I just use a T of pumpkin pie spice}
2 t baking soda
1 1/2 t salt

Fold in 1 c chocolate chip {and 1/2 c chopped nuts if you like them--I left them out}. Put batter into baking dishes and bread pans for 1 hour or until knife comes out clean. I bake the cupcakes for about 20 minutes or so & the cookies for 12-15 minutes depending on how big you make them.

Yummy!




And if you ever wonder what the boys are up to while I'm baking here's a little peek...


Having lots of fun!


Well, most of the time...:)


Let me know how you like the recipe!

PS I have a great idea for your Christmas card coming soon! {Soon= next time I get a block of time to post about it!:)}
+Emily Ashby

3 comments:

Dawn said...

Well, I tried it and I loved it! I made it for the ladies I visit teach. Thanks for posting the recipe and tell Dixie thanks too!

Unknown said...

i love it.......really i will try it.....
Banana Nut Bread

ERIN said...

Super LOVE this recipe and so does everyone that eats it :) Thanks Em

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html