AFR Post, finally!

Finally, the Ashby Family Reunion post!

{We are trying to milk every second we can out of summer so I haven't been on the computer much lately. I'm sure I'll be in a blogging frenzy once preschool starts next week. {And if Aidan-my personal assistant-will give me a few seconds to myself.;)

First of all I have to give a big "Thank-you" to Bob's Grandma Ruth and Aunt Florence for all they did to coordinate this great event! We had a really great time.

{Reunion Theme & Shirts}

Photobucket

{Red Moose Lodge}
Bob's Gma rent out this entire lodge for the family! She decided she wanted to enjoy us all while she was alive instead of us all coming to her funeral...not a bad idea I say!

We stayed 3 wonderful nights, and it was a REAL vacation for me. Since they had it catered, I didn't even have to lift a finger to make a meal! AH, it was great.

Photobucket

Photobucket

{Ruth Card Ashby: Age 92}
This is Bob's Grandma. Something I learned about her this trip is that Cardston, Alberta was name after her father! Evidently he was sent by Brigham Young to settle up in Canada. She now lives in Tennesse with Bob's Uncle Eric and his wife and family.

Photobucket

{Talented Eda}
Some of you that went to Ricks or BYU Idaho may recognize this next family member. This is Aunt Eda who is a Music Department Chair and directs several choirs up at the college in Rexburg. She is an extremely GIFTED woman. A few years back Bob & I had the honor of attending a concert downtown that featured an Oratorio that Eda wrote. {Yeah, look that up...its pretty impressive.} Eda is a great example and woman.


Photobucket



{The Slide}
Bob's dad {Will} was put in charge of outdoor entertainment...looks like Aunt Florence and Uncle Eric enjoyed it very much!

Photobucket

{No Girls Allowed}
We went to knock on someone's door and when Ethan saw the sign he explained that NO GIRLS were allowed here there. :)

Photobucket

{The Group}

Photobucket

{Family Photo}
Somehow I was percieved as being able to take pictures & ended up taking some family photos. {Thank goodness for my camera!!} Here's Bob's younger brother Wendell and KatieMarie's cute family. Hey, at least he'll have a family pict for Seminary this year!

Photobucket

{Will, Bob, Aidan}

Photobucket

Thanks for a great time Ashby Family!

2 comments:

Janette said...

love it! kind of wish I was an Ashby.... I also love how you call Aiden your personal assistance. I miss you guys. Hopefully we'll see you soon

Tanya said...

that looks like it was so much fun. what a reunion! go grandma ashby!

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html