Nativity headwear.Pillowcases.Gift-tag Printable.

{Shepherd headwear}
Bring me your shepherds, townspeople, Joseph, and even a few of those wonderful Wisemen...they will never be the same.

Introducing the easiest way I have ever seen to make a sweet, stylish "BC to AD" head dress.  


Grab an old sheet, pillowcase, or some brown flannel {like me} and let's do it!  Your Nativity {fun video here} will never be the same.

{Picture Tutorial}
Enough said. Here's how to make 'em!





And lo and behold!


Can't wait to see how they turn out!  I'm totally adding a link party {at the end of the post} for this one...so if you make one you'll have to share it! I'm smiling already.:)

{Love 'Em}
If you're still in the market for a Christmas Photocard these might give you an idea or two!  A few of my favorite creations from the last 24 hours...

{I did not take these photos, I just put together the Christmas cards...}



{Can't wait}
And like so many younglings throughout the world, my little Star Wars loving shepherd is loving this time of year. 


He's so excited for the presents that he's willing to risk his skinny little body to know what may be in store for him.  Monday he fell off a stool and got a nice fat bruise on his leg {and missed school because he "couldn't walk"}...all because he was climbing up in the closet to find his presents. 

And of course its our fault.  According to his calculations Christmas should have been here days ago.

And last week after telling me he'd like a Death Star pinata and a Star Wars piggy bank for Christmas, I was schooled in the ways of the North Pole.  You see, in response to these requests I took a deep breath and did what any tired, busy mom would do...I told them I didn't think that they existed. 

"Oh, yes they do!" he said... "Mom, the elves can make ANYTHING."

Darn those elves.

Fortunately, I did discover a Star Wars gift that didn't wear me out.  Thank-you Pottery Barn.   Bob became nostalgic when he saw these "cool" vintage pillowcases.  I was thrilled to think that they might actually help ease the pains of bedtime every night.:)


Fun gift idea? I hope so...and I didn't even need Santa's helpers for this one!:)  


{Printables}
And just for fun...here's a little gift for you.  Printable gift tags.  I think they're cute, maybe you will too.

Click here to print and/or download them.  Cut them out and attach with tape or string.

Enjoy!
 
 
{P.S. Mr. Linky}
Don't forget to add your head-wear to the link party!  I know I can be a bit silly at times, but I think it would be fun to see what you all come up with.
 


17 more days!
xoxo-Toad

9 comments:

Anne said...

Thank you so much for sharing this tutorial! Every year we put on either a Nativity or a Christmas play at our church, and there is always a whooooole lot of last-minute costuming going on. We'll definitely be doing this for all of the shepherds and wise men and such!

I linked to your tutorial over at Craft Gossip Sewing:
http://sewing.craftgossip.com/tutorial-no-sew-easy-shepherd-headwear-for-nativity/2010/12/12/

--Anne

Natalia said...

I laughed out loud (and I never do!) at your son's calendar. That is priceless!!!!!

Wonderful idea on the head dress. I am late seeing this but will remember this for next year! Thanks~!

Unknown said...

It was such a good article and so much related to our directory.


headwear

Unknown said...

I am so much interested to join your network. Thanks for sharing this post. Keep blogging promotional gifts

Ben said...

These nativity headwear pillowcases sound like a great way to bring the family together for a banquet hall. Thanks for the thought!

Jessica said...

Thanks for sharing! I'm glad to see such a nice collection, I look forward to viewing additional articles of these for inspiration!
Designer Jewellery

Emma Robert said...

Lovely post! its just awesome to wear cool color
headwear to protect your hairs from sunlight!

Unknown said...

Thank you so much for your tutorial, I have put myself forward to make the costumes for church and you have saved me lots of time and money.

Unknown said...

I know this post is a few years old. However, can anyone tell me if this method has held up over the years? I am in charge of a nativity at church and have 8 shepards. This would be a simple approach. Thanks so much!

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html