Great "neighbor gift"! (Thanks Aimee & family!)

I'd never heard of "neighbor gifts" before I moved to Utah-at least they weren't called neighbor gifts. For those unfamiliar with the term it refers to the little treats or gifts your friends and neighbors bring you this time of year.

Our friends the Johnsons brought us a great neighbor gift that I thought I'd tell you about since it was such a hit at our home! In fact Ethan couldn't stop talking about it and begged us to make smores the second we got it.

Unfortunatetly I didn't get a picture of the cute bag & poem attached to the treats, but you get the picture. Ethan lovingly place the contents we were given...marshmellows, graham crackers, and chocolate bars...into this basket to so he could carry it around until it was time to make the smores. (But only after dumping out the diapers and wipes I was storing in it.)

Bob got out the camping stove and set it on the porch so they could be warm inside while roasting the marshmellows outside. (Bob does have a creative side!:)


And they enjoyed everylast bite!

So if you need an idea for your next "neighbor gift" here you go!

5 comments:

Brian said...

I am always surprised when I hear of more "Utah" things. Who knew neighbor gifts didn't happen everywhere. I was also told the pictures outside and wearing matching shirts was also a "Utah" thing. WHO KNEW??

Aimee said...

Before you know it, you are going to turn into a Utahn! Yikes. LOL! I love the post! I am glad you enjoyed our "neighbor gift." We had fun making and delivering them. I haven't heard of anyone else roasting them on the front porch yet. That is so fun!

BTW I love your boys! I can't help but stare. They are so cute.

Tanya said...

k i love that idea! so cute! i also love how you were able to roast them from inside the house!

Hendricksonblog said...

Hey, we put ours in the microwave. Isnt that cool and creative too?

Janas Bananas said...

That is such a great idea!! We always just turn on the burner on the stove in the winter to make smoores..who ever though of the little BBQ outside? That is a much funner idea!

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html