The Fourth Wise man


As part of our Christmas Eve traditions we watch this great show called "The Fourth Wise Man." I'd never heard of it before I met Bob, but now its a family favorite. I'm not the best at summarizing (usually I make short stories long...I know you are all nodding now), but here you go!

Its based on Henry van Dyke's classic, "The Story of the Other Wise Man", a fictional story that is set in biblical times. A Magi named Artaban (played by Martin Sheen) studies the prophecies of Christ & witnesses a sign in the heavens and decides to follow it to find the Messiah.

Artaban takes with him three gifts to give to the Messiah & for 33 years tries to find Jesus. Along the way he ends up using the gifts to help others & after living among the poorest & sickest people (teaching him how to plant & plow & take care of themselves) he has nothing to give Jesus. Old and dying Artaban finally meets the Savior and thinks he has failed him. But has peace when the Master teaches him, Matt 25:40 "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto the least of these my brethren ye have done it unto me."

Wishing you the best Christmas!
Love, Emily & family

1 comment:

Tanya said...

love that picture of that little babe. it reminds me of my babies when they were tiny.

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html