Glass half full


An old friend and mission comp. has a great blog. The other day she posted some great thoughts about having a "positive attitude".

As this year comes to an end I've been thinking about how blessed we are. And even with so much I still find things to complain about... so this post was great for me.

Thanks Janece!

"*Instead of saying, "Oh no, I've got piles of laundry to do every week." I will start saying, "Yeah, laundry! Look at all the clothes we have!"

*Instead of saying, "No way can there be dishes in the sink again!" I will start saying, "Wow, we always have something to eat."

*Instead of saying, "What are you whining about now?" I will start saying, "You learn from me, so I will always say things sweetly."

*Instead of saying, "Pat is gone again. I'm all alone." I will start saying, "Man, I'm lucky to have a husband who works so hard and goes to school so he can get a job to support our family for the rest of our lives. I'm a lucky girl."

*Instead of saying, "I think I'm going to SCREAM if you kids wake me up in the middle of the night again!!" I will start saying...no, I really will scream if they keep waking me up."

I'll like to add:
*Instead of saying "my home is such a mess" I will start saying, "I'm grateful I have home to live in."

*Instead of getting frustrated with Ethan when he's running around and driving me crazy I'll think about how blessed we are to have healthy kids.

*Instead of wishing I lived in Oregon closer to my family I'll think about how great Bob's job is (especially since it allows me to be at home with the boys)& how Utah can be good even with all the crazy Mormons!:) (Okay this one might be a stretch.)

4 comments:

Janas Bananas said...

It is always good to put things into perspective...Although I am pretty sure my laundry comment will never have a "yay" in it!! lol...As for Oregon, my mom 40 years later is still wanting to go back to ORegon..I am sure she feels your pain. But she got to raise great Candaian children who know how to run and drive in the snow...Which every year she marvels at still, she sits and just shakes her head. Home is always where your heart is, Which is always where you will find the ones you love most right? Have a great Christmas and even better New Year!! luv ya.....Jana

Siri said...

I love this post. I hope you don't mind ... I think I might use it for my blog. It's been a tough week for me. It came at just the right time. Thanks, Emily! I needed that. Love you. =)

Tanya said...

i am going to try this more often as well. thanks for the much needed reminder to put things into perspective.

Brian said...

What a good post. I don't know if I will manage to do such happy thoughts until at least 4 hours of sleep at a time becomes a regular at the Harmon home!! But we all are really blessed aren't we. LOVE the sleeping one!! That is what I am talking about.

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html