HNY and all that!

{2012}
Sitting sick on a couch last week was not much fun.  We are in the middle of moving and I was just overwhelmed, exhausted, feeling crappy, and done with just about everything.  Since our flatscreen was broken in the move, I was lucky that we still had the TV that Travis and Tanya had given us at least 6 years ago.  Its not digital so I was happy have a DVD player that wasn't buried in boxes...but where in the world were the DVD's? 

You know its bad when I was thrilled to find Lord of the Rings in the bottom of a tote. 

And as it turns out, I was actully very grateful.  It seemed to fit the changes and timing going on around our little family right now. 

I won't go into details about the story, you'll have to pull out your own movie night for that, but I could really relate to sweet Froto.  He was completely overwhelmed, wishing he had not been given the ring and all of its responsibility, and hated all the destruction and doom going on around him.

'I wish it need not have happened in my time,' said Frodo.

'So do I,' said Gandalf, 'and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.'

Ah yes, wise and thought provoking words to start off the new year.


{I know this isn't Gandolf, but I'm sure Yoda has some good quotes we could cherish too. Oh, and he was the final prize in our Star Wars advent calendar.:)}





{Holiday Fun}



Aidan was one lucky little guy this year! Some of you may remember my sister-in-law Tanya talking on her blog about how she made this cute little car tote.  I was giddy when Aidan got one of these sweet gems she had made!


There's nothing but "comfort and joy" going on in these next pictures.  Watch the faces on these little guys...you may just have to laugh out loud.

Yeah, we tried.  The last picture is the best one...






Yes...my personal favorite...


{Sisters}
Coming straight from a funeral into the holidays is never easy.  Especially when its your dear sister you've lost.

Here's my mom with her younger sister Lori.  Both were mourning for the loss of my Aunt Carol this Christmas.  She passed away suddenly and unexpectedly leaving 6 kids and ALOT of grandkids who will miss her more than words can say.


It really made me think about and appreciate my family this year...

especially my two younger sisters--Margo {Margie} and Stephanie {Stooph}.







 




I also cherished every mintute with my 95 year old Grandpa Johnson and my sweet Grandpa Peggy.  We were so blessed to be with them both this year!






Oh, and my parents too...

yes, dad that is a nose.:)


Who did you cherish these past few weeks?

{Back into it}
And before we knew it we went back into the swing of "regular" life.  Ethan entered a photo competition through the PTA Reflections.  (You probably have kids that did too!)  The theme was diversity...can you guess which photo he took?

I did not help him one bit, except for giving him stern warnings about being careful with my camera.;)


And if you have made it this far in the post, bless you. :)  Here's my latest creation...



And some of you will be happy to know that I will be sewing to get through the winter!  So there will be more fun tutorials coming very soon!:)

Happy 2012! 
Emily

No comments:

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html