Fabric, Cows, & Fun

{Cute Fabric}
I'm a sucker for cute fabric. I always thought the only fabric available was what I found at Joann's or Hancock's. Boy was I wrong!

Designer fabric is SO great! My 1st love was {of course} Amy Butler, but then with the help of Tanya, an awesome fabric co-op, Etsy, and blog browsing--my eyes have been opened to a whole new world.

{Mod Kitchen}
I just came across this line by Helen Dardik and I likie! Maybe its because I've been making oven mitts & kitchen dish drying towels, but I think its great. There are more colors and design options, but here's taste...





What do you think?

{Cow business}
If you are a regular visitor to my blog, then you already know about the sweet calf that passed away a week or so ago. Well, since then we've got another addition hanging out in my parents front pasture...{and no, its not Ethan!}

How sweet is this little guy?!

Ethan can't get enough of him.


I've even been dodging cow pies to give this little calf some mommy lovin'! He was given to our friend Dave from a local dairy. Why? Well, you may see that his front legs aren't quite right...


They aren't sure what is wrong with him, but he has some problems walking because his front hooves curl under. He's being bottle fed, and in the mean time we were all hoping that this mama cow {who just lost her calf} would be willing to adopt! I guess time will tell.

{Fun}
And when he's not loving that calf, Ethan found other way to fill his time...


And when I wasn't watching him love that calf {or shoot that gun} I was reading this book. And like Stephanie Meyer {the chick who wrote the Twilight series} I couldn't put it down. I got it Thursday night and by Saturday at 1AM it was finished. {That's a record for me! i'm usually a slow, distracted reader.}
Do you know which book it is?;)

12 comments:

chris said...

Ooh, I'd love to know what you've been reading. I'm always up for a good book recommendation. The fabric is darling. Thanks for the tip!

Shana Putnam said...

Oh that poor little calf. Love the pics.

swtelford said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, those books!!! Hunger Games and Catching Fire. Can't wait for the third book, heard it's coming out in August!!! YAY!

allsewnup said...

Great fabrics.

Carolyn

Katherine said...

I need some of those kitchen fabrics!!! :)

Joy Williams said...

Love that you turned me onto designer fabrics too! Thanks for the info on some new cute ones! Hope the calf does well

Crystal said...

I love the fabric and that book! I also couldn't put it down.

the thrifty ba said...

i just love your blog! i wanted to thank you for it by giving it an award over at mine.

Suzie said...

Read the Hunger Games, and Catching Fire this winter and was angry the third book wasn't out until August. Uggh!

Suzie said...

Read the Hunger Games, and Catching Fire this winter and was angry the third book wasn't out until August. Uggh!

Janeen said...

LOVE the fabric. I will have to add to my favorites list. Where are you? Are you home yet? I miss hanging out...

Brianne said...

Where can I purchase those fabrics? I LOVE them, and they perfectly match my color scheme in my kitchen!!

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html