Photobook: Make a Keepsake Father's Day Gift!

{Photobook}
Need a quick, easy, cheap Father's Day gift? Well, its your lucky day... how about a handmade photobook!

As I unpack and get back to "normal" life after our little road trip {yes, I'm back}, I figured I'd re-post this great little gift idea. It was a hit with the grandparents last Father's Day!

Our little photobook was VERY basic---as you can see--but imagine what you could do to "spiff" it up! Give your kids some crayons, stamps, pictures, and then them go for it!

Easy PhotoBook

What you'll need:
Cardstock
Paper cutter (or scissors)
Hole punch
A piece of string/ribbon

Here's the scoop:

Get a piece of 81/2X11" piece of cardstock

Cut it 4 inches lengthwise:
Fold it 1 inch from the left & 41/2 inches from the right: (click on the picture to make it bigger)
Cut your "pages" out of paper or cardstock:
Put one piece of the paper inside the book

Fold over the left side and make 2 hole punches where you'd like the string to go:
Take out the paper and use it as a pattern to punch holes in 4-5 more "pages";

Put in all of your hole punched pages and thread your string through the holes:
Tie it in back:
And lookie here!

Now get some 3X3 inch pictures (I just printed some out) & tape/glue them to the pages:


Decorate the front (& inside if you want to) and there you go! A gift made with love.:)


PS The books I talked about in my last post were The Hunger Games & Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. It was fun to see how many of you loved them as much as I did! Can't wait for August 10 when book #3 comes out!! {Or next year when the movies comes to town!!}

13 comments:

Siri said...

Awesome idea, Em! I am so doing that! Where would I be without all of your creative ideas???

Hernandez Family said...

Cute! I might have to make this for my dad.

Tanya said...

this is such a great idea. i just love it.

aunt choody said...

I LOVE it! So cute!

Erika said...

I have had the hardest time trying to figure out what to have the kids make for Father's Day this year. I'm going with this. Thanks so much for sharing this TRULY last minute gift idea.

JaNece said...

Ok you are the cutest, most creative girl I know! And I love that you share it with everyone so we can be cute like you! Thanks for all your fun tutorials! If only I had the energy you had! :)

aunt choody said...

We made it. He loved it. Thanks for the great idea!

Siri said...

We made two of them too! Turned out darling!

Also, loving the sepia and black and white shots above! Another great idea. So beautiful. =)

Mamma Michela said...

Beautiful!grande idea,comunque tutti i tuoi lavori mi piacciono molto.

Lolo @ Crazy About My Baybah said...

I am so happy that I found your blog! I have an award for you, head over to http://crazyaboutmybaybah.blogspot.com to receive it.

Jenn @ Delicious Ambiguity said...

Love this idea! Thanks for sharing. I've linked to you on my blog:

http://www.mydeliciousambiguity.com/2010/06/diy-fathers-day-gifts.html

Have a great day!

Steph @ somewhatsimple said...

This is darling! You need to add this to our Fathers Day link party here:
http://www.somewhatsimple.com/2000/01/fathers-day-ideas.html
I love it!

Waseem said...

Beautiful idea...turned out beautiful..I like it.
Send Gifts To Pakistan.
You can contact
Hank hendricks
if you need help or information regarding the following areas of interest:
• new ventures
• business deals
• reference requests
• getting back in touch

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html