My Mom

A few things I've learned from my mom:

- "No one makes you mad, you choose to be mad." I heard this often growing up...

- By example she taught me to: "Serve the Lord with all your heart, might, mind, and strength..." She is currently teaching early morning seminary to 14 and 15 year olds...enough said.;)

- Something I loved that my mom did was allow us to try to so many different activities when we were young, and then let us gravitate toward what WE had interests in.

Before I was 12 I had learn how to dance on toe shoes (ballet), had taken pottery and book making classes, been on a year round swim team, played a variety of sports teams (softball, basketball, volleyball), learned to play the violin and piano, learned to sing & performed in school plays, learned to sew...you get the picture. I'm so grateful that she took the time to expose me to so much so young-especially when she was doing the same thing with 5 other kids.

-Be supportive. I don't think she missed one game or concert of mine ever. I can't even imagine what dragging 5 kids around to sporting events must have been like. She loved watching and supporting us...and NEVER gave a critizing word if we didn't perform well.

My mom is one of the most generous and faithful people I know. I'm lucky to have her.

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html