3 Faves of '09

I'm a pretty simple person.

Nowadays it doesn't take much to put a smile on my face...having the boys to bed early, eating at the Cheesecake Factory, or making it to a spinnning class. I'm not much into "things" either. However, there were a few "things" that really brought joy to my little spirit last year that I thought I'd share with you!

#1 Getting a Nikon! I had to start with this one because I LOVE it so much. For Mother's Day Bob surprised me with a Nikon D40. All I knew about cameras was that this was a good one--thanks to Tanya.

I've always felt that women--especially ones utilizing their skills at home and not in the workforce--should have something that keeps them going. A hobby, challenge, book club, etc--something they do just because they LIKE it and it EXCITES them. The Nikon D40 did it for me.

I'm a total rookie, but I think that's what makes it fun for me. I can't help but learn more about the camera and taking pictures! One of the big differences in taking picts with this camera is that it captures the "close-ups" so well...

I also love how you can pick what you'd like to make be the focal point...

The pictures all turn out so great!

#2 Photoshop Elements. I didn't think I'd figure it out, but its the best. Really. I always thought photoshop was just to fix up pictures, but boy did I have another thing coming! The world of digi-scrap makes creating posters, pictures, signs, flyers, banners, and birthday toppers so EASY and FUN! {Thanks again to Tanya for convincing me I'd like it!!}

#3 MAC paints. LOVE THIS STUFF. I use it everyday. My mom had some in her makeup bag and I thought I'd try it...and I loved it. Its a base for your eyes...and I love it with a little tint and shimmer. It stays on a long time and you just put your eyeshadow on top {or not--it still looks great}.

There you have it. Just a few of my favorite things.

1 comment:

Janette said...

I have been dreaming of a new camera like that for over a year now. Can't wait to get one! I love your pictures too, you do a great job. Also, what? I have Photoshop and I didn't know I could use it other ways. You need to teach me. Talk to you soon.

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html