Small Business Saturday 2012 + CC Models {TTT}

{Shop Small}
Today's little tip from the Toad is to remember those little small businesses when you're out shopping this Season! And I mean "little" small businesses because you'd be surprised what qualifies as a small business these days!  I'm talking about the little guys who make great stuff but aren't in the big shop stores.  You can find them online or at your local farmer's market.  Love them.   

Shop Camera Coats:  Of course I'm biased when it comes to Camera Coats (since they are my 3rd baby), but if you know anyone who has a camera these really are a great gift. Not only because its super smart, but because odds are they will be surprised when they find it under the tree!

(Click on the photo and it will take you to the FB page so you can "like" us! Yay!)


And Camera Coats will be joining Small Business Saturday this year!  It is a day that is starting to be recognized for people to "shop small" and it is this Saturday November 24, 2012.  Many small businesses will be participating and offering great deals/discounts in their shops!

Check out Camera Coat's Facebook page for more deals & be sure to register your American Express card to get a $25 credit when you spend $25 on their approved Small Business vendors!  (Camera Coats has applied to be a vendor, but we have yet to be approved...hopefully soon!)


And if you haven't visited www.cameracoats.com lately shame on you.  Ha! Just kidding. But really, if you haven't been to the shop lately you may not have seen our new Perfect Pouches!

These are not only padded & waterproof but super cute & perfect for a camcorder, small camera, or lens! Just stick your gadget in the pouch and throw it in your diaper bag or purse! TahDah! Protected and ready to go!

 Someone on your Holiday Gift list is sure to need one of these.


{Good Friends=Great Models}
And introducing the new hands/face of Camera Coats.  You should count yourself lucky if I haven't hit you up to be a model for Camera Coats.  No really.  And if our paths ever cross you'd better be ready to model your little heart out just like these great friends of mine...

You see, being a little small business means you do most things yourself...including taking product pictures.  One day I hope to have a PR department, but until then you all better watch out!

1st: Jenn.  Our latest model...as seen in the 1st picture of this post. (Isn't she pretty and JCrew like?!)  Not only is she cute, but she is the owner of The BlueBerry Hill hat company... and actually twisted my arm to get me to start Camera Coats.  Yes, she actually twisted it.


Bless her heart.  I'm not sure if it was worth the lunch I bought her afterwards, but she was a trooper I tell you during this photo shoot I tell you.  There's nothing like having a friend take your picture while holding a camera in a park near your home.


Wow. Nice job Jenn.  Thanks again!


Next up: The Camera Coats Logo gal...my sister in law Tanya.  Some of you may know her from the amazing blog Trey and Lucy ...and she has been another Camera Coat supporter from day one.  In fact, after I created my 1st Camera Coat-ish type covering she loved it and made me promise to do something with it.

Without her there would be no Camera Coats.  Without her there would not be this awesome picture.

(The picture was taken on our way running out the door to an adventure with the kids while we were in Oregon last summer.  Bless her heart.)


Oh, and see that cute baby leg? That would be Charlotte.  I had to cut out her face because if you saw it you wouldn't even look at the Camera Coat. :)


Thanks for all of your support Tan. Couldn't/Wouldn't have done it without you. 

Next: The Man Coat Carrier...my brother Travis.  This was on of the 1st pictures I took and it may always be a part of the Camera Coat photo collection.  Travis is Tanya's wife.  And I'm sure he is thrilled that I'm not only point out that he is a "model" but that I'm still talking about it. Love ya T. Thanks again.



My favorite...on the cell phone, Camera Coat in place, walking by my parents raspberries bushes. I'm giggling just looking at it.  You are a great brother Trav...a really great brother.:)


Next up: The Marge. My sister. Another super model and great CC supporter.  She is actually better at talking about and selling them than I am.  Seriously.  Thanks Marges.


And finally...my "go-to" model...my dear friend Heather.  And I say "dear friend" because not only does she let me take pictures of her arm, but she let's me borrow her camera when I get a new Camera Coat and need to take pictures of it.  Her camera is in almost every Camera Coats photo you see.

Thank-you. Thank-you. Thank-you Heather.  And you have a rockin' arm too...


Want more about the behind the scenes of Camera Coats?  Maybe in the next post you'll get to see the models faces!  (If they promise to talk to me afterwards...:)

Well, this turned out to be quite the post!  Don't forget to Shop Small and spread the word about this Saturday...the little guys will love you for it.

Oh, and Happy Thanksgiving!
Toady

No comments:

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html