Pita Recipe


One of my roommates while I lived in Jerusalem just emailed this great Pita recipe she got while we were there! Its hard to find really GOOD storebought Pitas around here, so this sounds super great. Can't wait to give it a go!

Here you go! YUM!

Pita Bread
4 c. flour
1- 1 ½ c. warm water
1 tsp salt
1 tsp yeast
2 Tbsp olive oil

Mix flour salt and yeast. Add water and knead. Add oil and kneadagain. Put in a greased bowl , cover and allow to double in size.Knead again, let rise until doubled again. Cut into balls and coverwith a cloth for another half hour. Roll balls flat and let riseagain. Preheat oven to 550 degrees. Bake for 5-8 minutes.

2 comments:

Anita said...

I have been saving this post as "unread" in Google Reader so I would remember to go back and fix it! Today is the big day... and I'm grilling chicken, summer squash, and mushrooms to have with! I'll let you know how it turns out...

Anita said...

This is a great recipe! My husband was really surprised I could pull it off. I marinated zucchini, yellow squash, mushrooms, and chicken in lite Caesar dressing, then broiled it and stuffed that in the pitas - double yum!!

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html