LA and Last Minute Costumes

{Hello!}
Are you out there? Sorry, its been a while since we've visited! But I guess my last post was long enough to keep everyone busy for a while...:)

I've had a life changing experience.  Last week I made my 1st visit to a certain Fashion District in LA.  I think my jaw is still dropped with the fabric, trim, etc that I was exposed to.  I've never seen anything like it.


I'll post more about it later, I'm still recovering from shock and awe.


This is the was outcome...yes, these big black bags are completely packed full of fabric. You know what a wild woman I am.;)


(Last Minute)
So a few weeks ago the producer for the afternoon news (Ch 2 in Utah) contacted me and wanted me to come and talk about easy costumes you can make from things you have at home.  So I grabbed a few of the sweetest 6 years I know...


And we had a handsome prince and a beautiful princess... but that's not all! Then they transformed into a shepherd and angel!  Not only great for Halloween, but the big Nativity program coming sooner than we think!

The only thing that isn't pictured is the shepherds headwear I made out of a pillowcase.  You can see my post about it here: Shepherds Headwear.  If you need a last minute costume, here you go!


{Birthday Boy}
Since we had some Legoland tickets we had to use by next year, we decided to haul our little lego lover to CA and celebrate turning 7.  More also coming...







{Free Cards}
And I'm not one to rush into the holidays--well, at least until after Halloween ;), but I had to share this great deal with you.  One of my favorite photography blogs, I Heart Faces, has a sponsor called Paper Coterie that I'm in love with and they have quite a deal.

They are giving away 12 free cards you can go here to get more information: I Heart Faces.

I just finished this card...it actually folds up accordian style.  They had so many cute choices I didn't even know where to start!  Great holiday card inspiration!




We'll be back sooner than later! (Hopefully!:)
Have a great weekend!
Toad

4 comments:

ChicChat said...

What an awesome lady. You are so creative.

chris said...

Lucky girl to see such fabric, and amazing multi-tasking costumes!

Janeen said...

I would LOVE to peek inside those bags! I bet you've picked some great stuff.

viji said...

congrats! keep up the good work/this is a great presentation.

Gift Ideas For Boy

Recent Posts

google33e193cc695cc79f.html